I am slightly disappointed with my newly-acquired cookbook Antakya – City and Cuisine.
The pictures are fabulous but the recipes leave a lot to be desired in terms of detail or rather lack of. If I were a novice cook, I would be confused.
So you have to rely on me!
Today I had some of my huge bunch of mint to use up and also one stray red pepper, the long thin kind not the bell pepper kind. I didn’t want to have to consign it to the bin.
I also wanted to make something with mince meat and I knew that many of the recipes in my new cookbook incorporated it so I had a quick flip-through.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- Roughly chop the parsley, mint, red pepper and garlic and then put in the food processor. Mix well.
- In a bowl, add to the mince meat and knead with your hands until thoroughly mixed. Add cumin and seasoning to taste.
- Oil the baking tray or round tin (approx 24 cm/ 9 -10 inches) that you are going to use and with your hands spread the meat mixture evenly in it.
- Place the quartered tomato and long thin green pepper on top of the mixture if using.
- Sprinkle a little water over the top and cook for 30 mins in the pre-heated oven.
- Serve with a pilaf of either rice or bulgur and you will have a delicious family supper.