Hot Toddy with Turmeric is the new cappuccino. So I am told!
Well, it doesn’t look like it, I have to admit that, but boy, does it taste good!
I have been trying to cleanse my body ready for the Christmas onslaught of rich, enticing foods and thought a detox would not go astray . The first thing that had to go was coffee apparently.
This Hot Toddy with Turmeric is undeniably delicious and if you live in Turkey and wish to use ‘pekmez’ (molasses) to replace the honey, it works so well that in fact I believe it is definitely the number one choice. I buy my grape pekmez from BIM and I checked the back of the jar and they actually put an assurance on the label saying that absolutely no drying chemicals or any additives are added at all. That makes me very happy. And I think the flavour surpasses honey in this wonderfully rich drink.
I do hope you enjoy this winter warmer. It’s extremely tasty and I can even say, that it comes close to being the drink of choice when offered Egg Nog or Hot Toddy with Turmeric.
The recipe is enough for 2 good sized mugs. However, rather than using all milk, I have replaced one of the cups with water. Feel free to bump up the milk dose if you want to add more energy to this creamy, rich, absolutely delicious, can’t stop at one Hot Toddy with Turmeric!
- 2 cups full or skimmed milk or almond/oat/rice milk for the super healthy option
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp honey or 1½ Tbsp molasses ( I used Grape Molasses / Üzüm Pekmezi)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp grated ginger or ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring very close to the boil, stirring occasionally
- Straining is an option but a lot of the healthy turmeric will be left behind.
- Serve immediately.
PS Why is it green? I have absolutely no idea. Turmeric is yellow but the drink turns green as you cook it!